Thursday, December 2, 2010

Grammy Nomination Thoughts and Picks

Well its that time of the year, and by that time I mean I looked at the list only after seeing a tweet from Marcus talking about Janelle probably loosing to Ceelo (although I think she'll take Best Contemporary R&B Album).

So here we go. Go to the website to follow along, I don't want to copy and paste everything.

Record of the Year:


Should and Will Win - Empire State of Mind

Album of the Year:

Should Win - Arcade Fire
Will Win - The Gaga

Song of the Year:

All of these nominations are stupid.

Ceelo I guess?

Best New Artist:

Once again stupid at the lack of legitimate nominations, but The Bieber will probably win.

Off the top of my head Gayngs and Best Coast come to mind.

Also, who the fuck is Esperanza Spalding?

Ok I looked her up, Vocal Jazz, hmm way to be obscure in a way that no one under 50 cares about.

Best Female Pop Performance:

Seriously, a Beyonce live performance...? I'm sorry that is stupid, she won the same category last year with the same damn song, give someone else a chance Grammy committee.

Should and Will Win - Lady Gaga: Bad Romance

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance:

Will Win: Micheal Buble
Should Win: Couldn't care less.

With the caveat that Micheal Jackson might win, but that would be stupid.

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals

This category is just depressing.

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

Should Win - Gaga: Telephone
Will Win - B.O.B.: Airplanes, Part II

Best Pop Vocal Album:

Should Win - The Fame Monster
Will Win - Really have no clue, it could go anyway except John Mayer... No one likes him. I think it may go crazy and go to Katy Perry, we'll see.

Best Dance Recording:

Should Win - Konichiwa Bitches
Will Win - Rihanna

Best Rock Album:

Should Win - Muse (I've had my ups and downs with this album, but lets just say it has a tad more creativity then the other 'rockers')
Will Win - Who cares, it'll be either Tom Petty or Neil Young

Best Alternative Music Album:

Should and Will Win - Arcade Fire

Best Rap Solo Performance

Should and Will Win - Kanye West: Power

Best Rap Performance by a Group or Duo

Should Win - Big Boi: Shutterbug
Will Win - Jay Z: On To the Next One

Best Rap Song

Should Win - Empire State of Mind
Will Win - Love the Way You Lie

Best Rap Album

Weak, but judging at the number of nominations I would guess Eminem.

Hmm a lot of country...scrolling scrolling scrolling... Producer of the Year

Should Win - Danger Mouse (See Dark Night of the Soul)
Will Win - Dr. Luke

Hmm, I guess there is a bunch that I am skipping over, but just thought I go through quickly.

A few that will probably make my top albums of the year list left high and dry.

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Spoon - Transference
Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz & All Delighted People
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach (Did get a few noms, but where was R&B performance for Stylo? Hell where was the nomination for Album of the Year?)
Sage Francis - Life

Tons of others, but we'll wait for my list to give my best stuff of the year.

By these awards it sure makes it look like nothing but absolute GARBAGE came out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment